Background, Professional Skills and Experiences
E-Learning Authoring and Training
- Designed, developed, and implemented online training
programs and classes for AOL community member support
volunteers, using AOL publishing, chat room, and
message board tools.
- Managed development of Web-based professional
development training program for NASFAA members,
under federal LAAP grant, using commercial Web
authoring and Webcasting tools.
E-Learning Systems and Content Management
- Implemented comprehensive Ingenium Learning Management
System to support NASFAA's implementation and delivery
of Web-based training.
- Conducted evaluation of alternative learning
and content management systems, resulting in the
selection of the Angel Learning Systems ANGEL LMS
to deliver NASFAA's Web-based training program.
Teacher, Presenter, and Trainer
practiced classroom teaching skills over five years as a teaching associate
at Indiana University.
- Selected as contracted workshop instructor
for federal government training programs and workshops.
and taught workshop instruction to neophyte and experienced financial
aid administrators across the country through regional and state financial
- Invited speaker, session moderator, and panel presenter
over 25 years at various higher education-related conferences
System Design, Development, and Technology Management
- Selected, enhanced, and implemented comprehensive Student
Aid Management (SAM) system to provide central processing capability
for the Jostens schools.
- Participated in broad-based business process reengineering
project designed to streamline operations at the Art Institutes,
resulting in selection of new student administrative system for
the network of schools.
- Led the NASFAA Technology Initiatives Committee in various
innovative projects to enhance the association's members' understanding
of new technology and of the standards, including XML, which
are becoming essential to sharing of data and services among
higher education institutions.
Student Financial Aid Administration and Management
- Developed and implemented comprehensive student financial aid
program for 35-institution network of junior colleges and technical
schools owned and managed by Jostens Education Systems.
- Expanded network of Jostens Education Systems through acquisition
and branch expansion, supported by centralized student financial
aid processing center.
- Played key role in consolidating approach to financial aid
operations in network of Art Institutes managed by Education
Legislative and Regulatory Advocacy
- Developed, compiled, and published comprehensive legislative
recommendations for the reauthorization of the Higher Education
Act of 1965 on behalf of the Art Institutes, many
which were incorporated into the Higher Education Amendments
- Selected by U.S. Department of Education to serve on panel of
negotiated rulemaking experts, to recommend rules to implement
changes made in 1994 and 1998.
- Developed special expertise in
the laws and regulations that place limitations on financial aid for distance
in higher education, and advocated for expansion of access for these
electronic portfolio was originally created in satisfaction of
a final requirement for the University of Maryland
University College (UMUC) Master of Distance
information about the MDE program, its objectives, content, and
requirements, visit the MDE
program Web page. For general information, visit UMUC
on the Web...